The Assistant Athletic Director for Communications provides high quality internal and external communications support, organization and promotions for the Athletic Department. Manage the departmental website, social media effort, and provide game-day, statistical, and media relations support for twenty five (25) varsity athletic teams.
- channels including various athletic conference and NCAA offices.
- Statistical Management: Provide immediate post game stats and results to visiting coaches upon request, provide coverage at home games in order to ensure proper statistical record keeping, statistical database maintenance, provide stats/summaries upon request, and maintain all student-athlete information records.
- Website Management: On a daily basis maintain up-to-date, accurate information that is available to website users, including but not limited to game stories, hours of operation, schedules, roster maintenance, staff directory, departmental announcements, archives, photos, press releases, feature stories, etc.
- Office Management and Supervision: Delegate tasks accordingly to current assigned graduate assistant, hire work-study students and Communications Assistant, and oversee training and daily work. General maintenance of athletic communications office to ensure proper record keeping and information dispersal.
- Marketing and Promotions: Coordinate social media, marketing and promotional efforts for varsity sports with support of a Communications Assistant position.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of practical experience in athletics communications and management; and/or an understanding of the intercollegiate athletics landscape and its operational responsibilities.
- Familiarity with event production and college and university marketing and communications is strongly preferred.