Reporting directly to and working with the Director of Athletics, the Assistant Athletic Director for Communications will lead and direct all aspects of the sports information and implement a comprehensive athletics communication plan to enhance Carinal Athletics brand exposure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA and conference compliance rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all Department of Athletics and University related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Abides by NCAA Bylaws 10.1 and 11.1 regarding ethical conduct and the responsibility to positively contribute to a campus culture of NCAA rules compliance.
- Oversee all social media marketing platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram).
- Produce gameday programs and information guides for applicable home athletic contests. Produce game recaps, news releases, videos, and other related content for all NCAA DII varsity athletic programs.
- Oversee all athletics statistical compilation and reporting all scores and statistics to the Conference Office and the NCAA.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of professional experience in athletic communications, journalism or a related field.
- Experience with desktop publishing, design software, statistical software programs, web publishing, word processing, and other relevant computer applications.
- Previous experience updating and maintaining an athletics website. (PrestoSports, Sidearm, SID Help)
- Familiarity with appropriate statistical software and the rules / guidelines put forth by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). (StatCrew, NCAA Live Stats, Golfstat)
- Previous experience and understanding of the strategic use for using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to provide social media coverage for an athletics team or department.