The Assistant Athletic Director for Communications develops and implements a comprehensive public relations program to help the University achieve the goals established for Intercollegiate Athletics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and manage the Athletics department website and all social media platforms, with content type ranging from written, graphic design and multimedia/video;
- Strategic insights into the value of the Athletic Communications office on overall marketing and recruiting for the University;
- Directly responsible for all publicity efforts including writing, editing and distributing all press releases; social media management for multiple accounts across a variety of platforms; editing videos (season previews, game highlights, etc.); and designing of game day programs, flyers and similar materials
- Oversight of Athletic Communications office, including the Assistant Director and the Graduate Assistant;
- Directly managing setup, live production and breakdown of webcast equipment;
- Proficient with Adobe programs and familiar with designing graphics for all relevant media platforms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in communication, journalism, sports management or a related field; master’s degree preferred with two years or more of related experiences in athletic communications at the collegiate level.
- At least three years of experience in a collegiate setting, sports public relations, sports reporting, or a related field is required.
- Experience in and/or an appreciation of the use of the web and new media, experience in printing and graphic design, and knowledge of sports broadcasting and production is required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.