- A Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, or a related field.
- Two years’ experience working in a college athletics communications office as either a full-time assistant, student assistant, intern, or graduate assistant.
- Excellent interpersonal, computer, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in desktop publishing, Photoshop, and statistical software.
- Conducting day-to-day activities and publicity of assigned sports including keeping statistics and records.
- Producing online media guides.
- Writing releases (game stories and features).
- Updating the official UWA athletics website (www.uwaathletics.com).
- Fielding interview requests.
- Running game-day media and statistical operations for the assigned sports.
- Some travel will be required.
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.