The individual in this position leads Cornerstone’s athletic department strategic communications, equips internal stakeholders for athletic department communication, stewards the Golden Eagle brand in a manner congruent with Cornerstone’s IMV, and serves as a member of the athletic department leadership team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and coordinates preparation and distribution of news media and maintains the athletic department website.
- Maintains and coordinates distribution of athlete and team media information including photos, bios, and statistics.
- Develops and implements a strategic vision for athlete story placement with the CU website, alumni/advancement publications, and external news outlets.
- Oversees all digital platforms to help the marketing and branding efforts for CU Athletics.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student staff for communication functions.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises individuals to maintain team social media accounts.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises individuals to broadcast events through CSPN.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media and capacity to assess and strategically respond to media trends.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical software such as StatCrew, Presto, or Genius.
- Proven capacity for self-motivation to meet deadlines and to thrive in high-pressure environments.