Reporting to the Athletic Director, the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance develops procedures and policies to monitor and ensure compliance with the university, NCAA, and conference rules and regulations in the areas of recruiting, financial aid, amateurism, and initial eligibility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the official campus liaison between the institution and the NCAA. Officially contact Conference and/or NCAA for rules interpretations in response to coach questions.
- Update Financial Aid Director, Registrar, Director of Compliance, and other individuals responsible for compliance on NCAA legislation changes.
- Investigate and report violations of NCAA regulations in accordance with established Big South Conference policy.
- Prepare institution’s response to all NCAA violations. upervise the initial, continuing and transfer eligibility certification process to ensure its completion in accordance with NCAA regulations.
- Supervise and manage Compliance staff.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Windows and MS Office, and the ability to quickly learn and work with new computer software systems.
- Must be able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.