The Compliance Department is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all policies and procedures relative to a comprehensive NCAA Division I compliance program which includes, but is not limited to: recruiting; eligibility; financial aid; playing and practice seasons; student-athlete employment; amateurism; extra benefits; enforcement and all required reporting documents.
Essential Job Duties:
- Investigates potential secondary rules violations; researches penalties in similar cases; and submits infraction reports to the NCAA.
- Collaborating formally in a weekly meeting and informally daily with the rest of the compliance staff to determine the answers to interpretations, the best strategies for waivers, and advice for handling various situations.
- Provide compliance education to various non-sport specific internal and external groups, as assigned.
- Participate in meetings with various campus groups representing the compliance staff, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of athletics compliance at a Division I school, or comparable athletics compliance experience (e.g., NCAA, conference office).
- Strong working knowledge of NCAA rules and the ability to interpret, apply and enforce them.
- Be able to work in a team environment and be a self-motivated staff member.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, have the ability to perform accurate detail-oriented work and be able to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Possess knowledge of basic computer systems such as Microsoft Word and Excel.