Under the direct supervision of the Associate Athletic Director for Governance & Compliance, responsible for the day to day creating, maintaining, and monitoring of a compliant environment that results in clear institutional control of all athletic programs relative to Conference and NCAA legislation as required by NCAA Division I membership.
- Serves as the liaison to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Maintains and administers a comprehensive NCAA rules education program, specifically creating and presenting monthly rules education to the coaching staffs.
- Prepares and submits NCAA and Atlantic 10 conference waivers and student athlete reinstatement requests; resolves issues and requests with the NCAA or Atlantic 10 conference
- Maintains the database of incoming student-athletes and team rosters for 21 sport programs and determines eligibility status.
- Maintains databases related to name, image and likeness legislation, Teamworks and INFLCR; monitors and educates staff, student-athletes, prospective student-athletes, and other members of the University community for compliance related to Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL).
- Evaluates all incoming students to ensure students meet the applicable NCAA and Massachusetts Board of Higher Education academic regulations; resolves issues related to fulfilling requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 4 years of compliance experience at an NCAA Division I institution or conference.
- Demonstrable computer skills to include Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent communication skills; maintain working relationships with student-athletes, coaches and the University community.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to interpret complex oral and written concepts.