The Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance reports to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance and Student-Athlete Development and assists with all aspects of managing a Division I NCAA Compliance Program. Specifically, the goal is to educate, monitor, and report on all activities pertaining to NCAA, Patriot League, and Lafayette College rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics.
- Monitor academic, amateurism, eligibility, and financial aid rules of the NCAA, Patriot League, and Lafayette College.
- Coordinate recruiting monitoring efforts including but not limited to reviewing official/unofficial visit documentation, phone logs/off-campus recruiting logs, and sport-specific dead period reminders via ARMS.
- Support coaches, prospects, and student-athletes navigating initial eligibility and amateurism matters as the NCAA Eligibility Center liaison.
- Assist with department-wide compliance educational efforts.
- Work alongside the admissions, financial aid, and registrar’s offices.
- Interpret and train on NCAA rules, policies, and regulations for students, coaches, athletic staff, and representatives of athletics interests. Including providing rules interpretations as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, a Master’s Degree preferred, plus a minimum of one to two years’ experience with a Division I athletics program.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and athletic compliance procedures is required.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Candidate must have outstanding interpersonal skills to relate to a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
- The successful candidate must be proficient in computer skills including the use of the NCAA Compliance Assistant software and the Microsoft Office Suite.