The Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance leads the efforts to ensure the Athletic Department maintains NCAA, MIAA, and MSSU compliance. The Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance monitors, directs, reports and ensures compliance in the intercollegiate athletics program in accordance with NCAA, MIAA, and institutional rules either personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Approve, coordinate and monitor official and unofficial visits and other associated recruiting activity.
- Maintains Athletic Department compliance software and NCAA Compliance Assistant database, including team rosters and eligibility checklists for all sports.
- Assist with updating relevant portions of department policies and procedures manual, as well as the student-athlete handbook.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for student conduct issues and oversees student-athlete code of conduct processes.
- Serves as game day administrator for assigned home events.
- Will serve as Sport Supervisor for athletic teams if deemed necessary and appropriate by the Director of Athletics.
- Coordinate admission and certification of transfer student-athletes.
- Review and input playing and practice seasons.
- Coordinate the completion of required and relevant NCAA/MIAA forms.
Education, Experience, and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Masters or Law degree is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- 1-3 years of experience working in an athletic department compliance operation or other relevant office.
- Experience working with NCAA compliance-related applications such as Compliance Assistant, Eligibility Center, Transfer Portal, etc. preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a large and diverse population.