Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all systems designed to ensure compliance with NCAA, Big South Conference and College rules. Serves as the primary liaison between athletics, Registrar, individual faculty members and advisors in regard to the academic well-being of our student-athletes.
Duties and Tasks:
- Enforces all Big South Conference and NCAA bylaws, rules and regulations.
- Develops and conducts continuing rules and compliance education programs for coaches, staff, student-athletes and boosters.
- Provides rules interpretations and conducts monthly compliance meetings for coaches and staff.
- Maintains and updates data in the NCAA’s online program, Compliance Assistant (CAi), and recruiting software, ARMS.
- Maintains accurate and complete student-athlete and department files including a Compliance manual and student-athlete handbook.
- Monitors initial, continuing and transfer eligibility.
- Serves as the Athletics representative for all NCAA compliance issues.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with College personnel in such areas as Provost’s Office, Admissions, Registrar’s Office, Business Office, Student Life, and Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree required, 3 years of related experience.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with coaches, students, faculty, administration and community.