- Organize, initiate, and administer a comprehensive NCAA Division I compliance program, with particular emphasis on creating and executing efficient systems to manage eligibility, financial aid and playing/practice seasons, monitoring legislation and providing rules education.
- Serve as Athletic Department’s primary liaison to the NCAA and West Coast Conference (WCC) in rules compliance matters.
- Administer a comprehensive rules education program for departmental coaches, staff, student athletes and representatives of athletic interests.
- Work collaboratively with coaches, student-athletes and Athletic Department staff; provide proactive communication on eligibility, academic and admissions issues to Academic and Student-Athlete Development staff.
- Manage, evaluate and implement systems to ensure compliance with all applicable NCAA rules, including monitoring athletic department activities in critical areas (recruiting, amateurism, playing and practice seasons), and creating/executing efficient certification systems (eligibility, financial aid).
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree.
- Required: Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Required: Minimum 4 - 5 years working experience in NCAA compliance at a Division I institution, conference office and/or the NCAA national office.
- Preferred: Master’s or Juris Doctor Degree.
- Or a combination of equivalent education and/or experience.
The University of Portland does not discriminate in its educational programs, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs, or employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by and consistent with the law. The University expressly reserves its rights and obligations to maintain its commitment to its Catholic identity and the doctrines of the Catholic Church.