The Assistant Athletic Director for Corporate Sponsorships reports directly to the Sr. Associate Athletic Director for Revenue Generation. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the external affairs of the department of athletics with an emphasis on external partnerships. This position will work closely with other external initiatives including the Cardinal Athletic Fund, marketing, media relations and ticketing.
What You’ll Do – Position Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan for the Athletics Corporate Partnership Program. This includes management of existing corporate sponsorships as well as identifying and growing new sponsorship arrangements.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the system processes and software platform utilized to track corporate sponsorships. This platform will be used to track sponsorship arrangements, monitor an inventory of marketable assets, serve as a resource in developing new agreements, and track the performance of sponsorship arrangements.
- Support various units and initiatives within Athletics, including ticket operations, licensing, marketing, fundraising and multi-media rights.
- Serves as the primary coordinator for all special athletic events.
- Provides direct support for game day operations, including coordination of fulfillment responsibilities associated with corporate sponsorships. Serve as primary liaison for all athletic suites and other special athletic offerings.
- Serve on the senior leadership staff of the Department of Athletics and provide input into the overall execution of the athletics department. Ensure efforts are collaborative and the work is unified amongst the university and athletics staff.
What You’ll Need to Succeed – Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- 1-3 years progressively increasing responsibility and experience working with external corporate partnerships in college or professional sports or equivalent; master’s degree preferred.