Pittsburg State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Director for Development. The primary function of the Assistant Athletic Director for Development is to be responsible for the annual solicitation and management of the Silverback Fund, as well as other annual giving initiatives, as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate all components of annual fundraising efforts for the Silverback Fund, including the cultivation and solicitation of potential donors through personal visits, written and oral communications, or attendance at evening and/or weekend activities such as game days. Identify, research, and cultivate new prospects, as well as steward current and past donors to grow annual scholarship giving and other annual financial support for Pittsburg State Athletics
- Creating a strategic fundraising plan that includes forecasting for athletics scholarship giving, setting and attaining financial goals on an annual basis by implementing, managing and planning a broad-based scholarship fund that consists of direct mail, ticket coordination, marketing, program development, direct face-to-face solicitations and stewardship/benefit allocation.
- Assist with the overall planning, coordination, and execution of Athletics Kick-off Party and Auction annual fundraising event.
- Work with athletic program staff, head coaches, and volunteers to identify potential donors to ensure annual fundraising initiatives are successful and well-organized. Additionally, involve those individuals in appropriate fundraising activities as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Experience interacting with a wide variety of colleagues, volunteers, alumni and industries.
- Demonstrated experience as a graduate assistant, intern, or full-time employee in athletics fundraising or a related field.