The Assistant Athletic Director for Development reports directly to the Sr. Associate Athletic Director for Revenue Generation. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the Cardinal Athletic Fund and annual giving, as well as assisting in the identification of major gift opportunities for the department of athletics.
- In close collaboration with various athletics and institutional staff, serve as the primary gift and membership coordinator for the Department of Athletics. This includes the development, implementation, and management of a comprehensive strategic plan for development activities to include monitoring, analyzing, and reporting results.
- Responsible for identifying and engaging gift prospects, as well as corporate and foundation donors, and planning and executing special events to further engage donors.
- Support various units and initiatives within Athletics, including ticket operations, licensing, marketing, corporate partnerships, and media.
- Provides direct support for game day and special event operations, including coordination of the Cardinal Athletic Fund.
- Serve on the senior leadership staff of the Department of Athletics and provide input into the overall execution of the athletics department. Ensure efforts are collaborative and the work is unified amongst the university and athletics staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to the position summary and essential job functions.
- 1-3 years progressively increasing responsibility and experience working with development in college or professional sports or equivalent; master’s degree preferred.