The University of Southern Indiana is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Athletic Director for Development. This position will cultivate major gifts for the Department of Athletics and manage athletics booster clubs.
- Cultivates strong relationships with individual donors, alumni, foundations, corporations and friends of the University for the purpose of securing major gifts for Athletics.
- Manages a minimum portfolio of 80 major-gift level prospects of athletics donors.
- Make a minimum of 20 face-to-face calls per month at all levels of the gift process – identification, research, approach, cultivation, solicitation, investment, and stewardship.
- This position will manage athletic booster clubs as well as cultivate and solicit gifts, including major and planned gifts, at all levels for the benefit of the Athletics Department and the University of Southern Indiana.
- Prepare and present formal gift proposals.
- Works closely with the Foundation staff to create gift and endowment agreements.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of fundraising experience required. Experience in athletic fundraising preferred.
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) credential or certification from The Fund Raising School preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with high degree of initiative required.
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with diverse audiences.