The Assistant Athletic Director for External Relations reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for directing, planning, coordinating and implementing all external relations aspects of Intercollegiate Athletic Department – including, but not limited to marketing, promotions, communications/media plans, and initiatives for the athletic department.
What you'll do:
- Oversees the Athletic Department's strategic communications efforts, including public relations, athletic communications, social media and the athletics website.
- Will direct and implement elements of chosen initiatives and ensure a cohesive approach to brand awareness.
- Oversee all aspects of marketing and promotions plan for athletic events with a focus on increasing attendance at games and events.
- Will direct and supervise staff to plan, create, execute and be responsible for promotional activities, in-game assets, video streaming, content/operations, the general in-game environment and foster increased fan interaction resulting in an enhanced in-game experience.
- Write, edit and design all publications/content for the Athletic Department.
- Coordinate with the Director of Athletics on all fundraising initiatives and management of associated marketing/media initiatives to meet goals.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Practical, working knowledge of NJCAA and Region 20 rules and regulations.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Management and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to compile data and prepare, write, and review reports is required.
- Must have excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, StatCrew, Front Rush and SIDEARM Sports, BlueFrame video streaming software, and video editing software.
- Must have excellent social media skills and ability to use a wide variety of platforms.