The Assistant Athletic Director (Assistant AD) for Mental Health and Performance Psychology (MHPP) will fulfill duties and responsibilities related to leadership and administration, providing professional mental health and performance psychology services to student-athletes, providing outreach and consultation services, providing specialized crisis intervention and follow-up services, and providing administrative as well as clinical supervision for staff and trainees (as appropriate).
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Provide leadership and oversight of department day-to-day and future operations.
- Manage and supervise MHPP department staff, including but not limited to: role delineation, departmental objectives, performance evaluations, and professional development plans.
- Develop a strategic plan for the advancement of mental health and performance psychology services for student-athletes in keeping with the University and Athletics Department’s mission and vision.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the operating budget based on strategic goals and using fiscally responsible practices.
- Facilitate higher level of care services for emergency mental health presentations when appropriate to support campus and sport reintegration efforts.
- Master’s degree in counseling or related field from an institution of higher education.
- Licensed Mental Health Professional in the state of North Carolina or license-eligible with the ability to practice in the state of North Carolina within 6-12 months of hire.