The Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Communication is a member of the Athletic Department Senior Staff reporting directly to the Director of Athletics. The Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Communication will oversee and administer all aspects and operations of an NCAA Division II Sport Communication office.
- Responsible for the oversight, management, and administration of an NCAA Division II sport communication operation; reporting to the Director of Athletics and serves as a member of the Senior Staff.
- Responsible for the design and daily maintenance of the Athletics web site and web-hosting services to include: game previews and recaps, updated results, photos and biographies, schedules, multimedia platforms, etc.
- Responsible for the design and production of digital game programs, press releases, and other promotional pieces.
- Distributes news and information regarding UIU Athletics to various media sources and external stakeholders.
- Manage information and communication via social media platforms.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters preferred.
- Two (2) years experience within a sports information, sports communication, or media environment.
- Ability to works nights, weekends, and holidays as needed and assigned.
- Communication and computer skills are required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of NCAA and affiliated conference(s) rules and regulations.
Upper Iowa University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.