The Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine will report to the Director of Athletics and will be bound by the University and the Intercollegiate Athletics department mission statements. This position requires all functions normally associated with an intercollegiate sports medicine program.
TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Supervision and administration of all sports medicine operations for nineteen (19) intercollegiate sports.
- Evaluation and treatment of injuries and injury rehabilitation.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up to date medical records for student athletes and monitor insurance coverage.
- Supervise assistant athletic trainers and those students who are involved in the athletic training curriculum program.
- Assist in the recruitment of prospective students interested in athletic training.
- Budget management and organization.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in experience, background and skill preferred.
- Must hold Texas Athletic Trainer license (LAT).
- NATABOC (ATC) certification is preferred.
- First Aid, CPR and AED certifications required.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.