The position provides for the recognition, prevention and rehabilitation of injuries for 24 NCAA Men’s and Women’s Division I athletic teams. The Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine reports to the Senior Woman Administrator and is responsible for supervising Athletic Trainers, student workers and student interns. The position is a 12-month salaried position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop overall sports medicine program for the University, including injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs, and counseling for student-athletes.
- Serve as an active member on the Athletic Department Senior Leadership Team
- Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Responsible for the formation of the University’s athletic training staff, including hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of assistant/associate athletic trainers, graduate assistant athletic trainers, interns, student athletic trainers and student work study.
- Manage the Athletic Training Facility including the scheduling of routine maintenance and purchasing of new equipment. Maintain the facilities physical appearance and overall order.
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning and sports nutrition staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Be NATA certified.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree with a Master’s Degree preferred and experience at the college level.
- Have CPR certification (required).