Reporting directly to and working with the Director of Athletics, the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer will direct and supervise the health care of all intercollegiate student-athletes through prevention, recognition, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses with referrals to health specialists as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA and conference compliance rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all Department of Athletics and University related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Abides by NCAA Bylaws 10.1 and 11.1 regarding ethical conduct and the responsibility to positively contribute to a campus culture of NCAA rules compliance.
- Provide the highest level of healthcare to all SVSU student-athletes.
- Assist in the recruitment/retention of Team Physician(s).
- Develop and maintain a medical referral network to include Saginaw, Bay City and Midland communities.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all team physicians, ensuring student-athlete compliance with team physician’s treatment and rehabilitation guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association (NATA) Board of Certification
- Licensed, or eligible for state licensure, by the Michigan Board of Athletic Training Examiners.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certified or willingness to be certified
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
- Must be able to work flexible hours to cover sporting and non-sporting event(s) that may occur on weeknights, weekends and possibly holidays. Occasional travel may be required.