The Assistant AD for Strategic Communications and External Relations will oversee all athletics communications including but not limited to; media relations, public relations and internal/external communications. This will include content dissemination and strategic development across all platforms; social media, digital, print, external news platforms and CSSSaints.com.
- Create and disseminate all press releases.
- Create and update all game programs.
- Responsible for meeting with internal clients to conceptualize ideas and establish marketing, social media and production schedules to deliver successful, engaging content across multiple social media platforms.
- Fill out Season Preview Forms according to MIAC and other third party organizations.
- Oversee the creation and dissemination of hometown email lists.
- Provide other college departments with athletic images and information when needed.
- Responsible for determining and publishing weekly Performers of the Week.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 years of related experience; OR, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Previous experience in sports communications, marketing or similar.
- Familiarity with appropriate software including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Word, Excel, etc.), Statcrew software, Final Cut Pro or equivalent video editing software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with graphic design and all social media platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative and proficient with technology.