The position of Assistant Athletic Director, Marketing & Revenue will lead the development and implementation of marketing, ticketing, sales and fan engagement strategies for the Duquesne Athletic Department with a focus on football and men’s basketball.
- Overseeing all promotions, ticket sales and marketing efforts for football and men’s basketball.
- Overseeing a comprehensive ticket sales strategy as well as ticket office operations.
- Leading the development and maintenance of a marketing communications calendar (e.g. allocation of digital ad inventory, email marketing and newsletter content, radio inventory, etc.).
- Serving as the athletic department liaison to the Red & Blue Crew (student group).
- In conjunction with the Director, Marketing & Fan Engagement, recruiting, training and managing the day-to-day responsibilities of student interns.
- Coordinating and planning of athletics involvement in key campus events (e.g. Homecoming, Winter Family Weekend, Alumni Games, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in marketing, communications, sports marketing or related field.
- Four to six years of progressive marketing, promotions and in-game promotion management in collegiate or professional sport.
- Alternately, the successful candidate may possess any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Strong interpersonal, creative and communication skills are essential, including the ability to communicate in writing.
- Excellent organizational, project management, problem-solving and customer service skills
- Demonstrate strong understanding of marketing plans and strategy.
- Innovative, creative and energetic personality that will recommend and implement new ideas.