Saginaw Valley State University, a DII member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic conference invites applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Director of Athletic Facilities & Events. The University’s athletic program fields 19 Division II intercollegiate teams (9 men’s and 10 women’s) and boasts more than 500 student-athletes. Reporting directly to and working with the Director of Athletics, the Assistant Athletic Director of Athletic Facilities & Events will be responsible to coordinate, schedule and manage all aspects of hosting home athletic events, athletic facility/field maintenance, oversee summer camps and laundry/equipment room operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all Department of Athletics and University related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Abides by NCAA Bylaws 10.1 and 11.1 regarding ethical conduct and the responsibility to positively contribute to a campus culture of NCAA rules compliance.
- Schedule and coordinate set up, take down of all varsity athletic activities, including but not limited to practices, competitions, athletic meetings/events, home game/contest management, in addition to fundraising activities like camps, clinics, meets, and tournaments in coordination with other campus constituents.
- Serve as or designate athletic facilities and events AP (administrative professional) staff to assume game day administrator duties at more than one-hundred home events, day/night/weekday/weekend, throughout the academic school year.
- Secure, train, supervise and evaluate part-time, volunteer, and student employee game management/event personnel, including processing payroll in coordination with Athletics Administrative Assistant.
- Master’s degree in Sports Management or similar and five or more years of Athletics Facilities and Events experience at the NCAA collegiate level.
- Previous experience with 25 Live scheduling software, E-Tix ticketing software, Presto, Blue Zebra and Arbiter officiating portals.
- Knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, the NCAA, as well as other associations and agencies to which Saginaw Valley State University adheres.