The Assistant Athletic Director of Communications has the responsibility for the overall operation of the athletic department communication, statistical information, and media relations in accordance with Trinity College, New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) and National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) regulations.
- Develop and oversee an integrated communications strategy that promotes our thirty varsity athletic team offerings consistent with the goals, values, and mission of the Athletics Department and with the strategic communications objectives of Trinity College.
- Oversee day-to-day communications operations of the Athletics Department including writing, editing, and distributing press releases, game programs, and game notes, and operating computer programs including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PhotoShop, InDesign, Stats, and other video/photo-graphical software.
- Keep in-game statistics; maintain accurate sport-specific statistics, results, and historical records; oversee the conference, regional, and national athletics award nomination processes; and report all conference- and NCAA-required statistics.
- Maintain athletics website (Sidearm experience preferred) with timely and accurate information, which includes news releases, recaps, previews, schedules/results, rosters, etc.
- Assist with the writing and distribution of weekly press releases including compiling, writing, and nominating Athletes of the Week and the conference Athlete of the Week awards.
- When necessary, serve as the on-site media relations professional, supervising student workers and serving as a media liaison.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as journalism, communications, or sports management.
- Familiarity with NCAA Live Stats and StatCrew System sport-specific software is highly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and various other video/photo programs is preferred.
- Media relations and/or promotions/marketing experience in a sports setting is preferred.
- Relevant experience and ability may be substituted.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.