The Assistant Athletic Director of Development for Yale Athletics will report to the Associate Athletic Director of Development and is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gift prospects for the department of athletics.
- Composes a wide variety of written materials including detailed individual prospect briefings, acknowledgements, stewardship letters and gift proposals, plus alumni and donor communications for alumni, press releases, alumni updates, etc.
- Promotes increased alumni/ae participation and involvement, through active engagement with class agents, class secretaries and support of the Alumni Board, as appropriate.
- Develops strategies, participation and revenue goals for Annual Fund; assists in the implementation of annual fund strategies, coordinates with the Central Development Office, and the school class agents.
- Works with current students to promote future giving through programs such as class gifts, SIG’s, phonathon, etc.
- Assists in the development and implementation of alumni events, including annual reunion and regional events.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and four years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Entrepreneurial approach to fundraising, with a keen appreciation for the specific challenges of working with prospects who may lack a direct affiliation and/or involvement with Yale Athletics.
Knowledge of and proficiency in annual fundraising strategies and techniques.
Proven success with individual fundraising.
Strong quantitative skills. Ability to analyze data and implement into solicitation strategies.