Responsible for the strategic communications, public relations and content generation for Elon University Athletics and the department’s 17 NCAA Division I varsity sport programs. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Assistant Athletic Director reports to the Deputy Athletics Director, will lead the Athletic Communications team and will be an integral member of the department’s revenue generation team. The Director must be an excellent team leader, content creator, social media manager and writer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the Communications team, including traditional sports information, creative services, photography, social media, multimedia and live sports production
- Serve as a member of the Athletics Department’s external team, helping generate fan engagement, attendance at athletics events and revenue production
- Liaison between the Athletics Department and University Communications, as well as between Athletics and Elon Sports Vision, the University’s sports broadcasting unit
- Serve as the primary communications contact for assigned sports and/or business units within the Athletics Department
- Help create and manage content and production calendars pertaining to the dissemination of social media posts, pre- and post-game digital content, press releases, results, statistics, game notes, features, podcasts, record books, team rosters, archives and more.
- Develop, track and improve relevant key performance indicators in social and brand engagement. Provide analytics reports in furtherance of this goal.
- Previous full-time or part-time experience working in communications position within college athletics, professional sports or a highly analogous field.
- Experience with graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator, After Effects), Bridge, Spark or Audience.
- Hands-on experience with Stat Crew software preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple collaborative projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of NCAA and conference regulations.