- Fundamentals of Coaching;
- Concussion Education;
- Valid CPR Certification;
- First Aide/Health Safety;
- A thorough knowledge of the sport/activity that is being taught;
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training – Lindsey’s Law;
- Alternative to the above qualifications as superintendent and/or board of education may find appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of financial materials and documents for contests that require them;
- Be responsible for securing game help for all contests and events including ticket takers;
- Security, clock operators, statisticians, spotters and other necessary game personnel as needed;
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment;
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations (i.e. emergencies, employee/parent concerns);
- Ensure the safety of students;
- Set a good moral and ethical example for athletes, the student body, and community;
- Follow the athletic policy so there will be consistency in dealing with athletes in a fair and firm manner;
- Conduct oneself in an ethical manner during contests and practices;
- Responsible for all equipment and inventory during athletic events.
It is the policy of the Marion City Schools Board of Education that the best-qualified applicant shall be selected for each position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, political affiliation, disabling or military status. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to participate in activities involved in the position or program for which application has been made.