The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of electronic media and production and sports information related to the college’s intercollegiate sports.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of trends, techniques and strategies related to sports information.
- Proficient computer skills, automated scoreboard statistical scoreboard statistical software packages preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the media.
- Ability to write, edit and/or develop articles, reports and publications.
- Ability to effectively supervise student personnel.
- Ability to travel as needed to cover athletic events.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records and reports.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the daily promotion of athletic teams.
- Produce and manage content on official Alcorn Athletics social media sites.
- Production of weekly press releases for each in-season sport.
- Maintenance of statistical data for all sports.
- Maintenance of historical records and data for all sports.
- Develops daily and weekly contacts with local media.
- Hires and supervises clock operators, statisticians, student worker, public address announcers, etc. for select sports.
- Produces game day programs and maintains Athletic Web site.
- Serve as primary media contact for all sports.
- Compile statistics for all in-season sports following events.