ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department. Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
- Serve on Athletics Department Leadership Team. As well as other University committees, or task forces as assigned.
- Administration of the sports medicine program for all 21 sports, including maintaining the program budget, and policies and procedures.
- Primary athletic trainer, including travel, for at least two sports; plus one non-travel sport.
- Responsible for scheduling camp coverage.
- Ensure compliance with provisions of the applicable national collegiate athletic association, OSHA and HIPPA.
- Maintain up-to-date information of rule changes and NCAA policies. Report any compliance issues regarding countable athletically related activities (CARA) or student-athlete welfare.
- Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes. Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes.
- Serve as an Accredited Clinical Instructor for the entry level Graduate Athletic Training Education Program at California Baptist University.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.