The Assistant Athletic Director of Sports Performance is responsible for the direction and implementation of a comprehensive strength and conditioning program for women's soccer and a minimum of two additional intercollegiate programs. In addition to creating a comprehensive program for women's soccer and additional assigned intercollegiate programs, the Assistant Athletic Director is responsible for directing, recruiting and monitoring an internship program of qualified individuals who will assist in training our intercollegiate programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, Develop and implement the sports performance program that prepares student athletes for intercollegiate competition.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of physiology and sport performance to create, direct and implement evidence-based individualized sport specific strength and conditioning program for women's soccer student athletes and other assigned teams.
- Instruct student-athletes on proper technique and execution of Olympic lifts, free weight exercises, flexibility, plyometric training, agility movements, speed development, aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, and all other parameters of sports performance.
- Develop strength, power, endurance, flexibility, agility, and other attributes for men's basketball student athletes and other assigned teams.
- Work with the women's soccer coaching staff and other assigned teams to maximize intended results and minimize injuries.
- Develop and implement performance testing with objective measuring criteria.
- CSCS or CSCCa certification required.
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certification required.
- USA Olympic Weightlifting Certification preferred.