The Assistant Athletic Director Strength & Conditioning will be directly responsible for leading the Strength & Conditioning Department at Emporia State University; as well as, directly creating, facilitating, and implementing all Strength & Conditioning activities for Emporia State Football.
- Design and implement sport-specific strength, speed, agility, and conditioning for all University Athletic Programs. Monitor and adjust program planning as necessary to optimize athletic performance.
- Directly oversee sport-specific programming for Football and other assigned sports. Provide on-campus strength & conditioning opportunities for fall student-athletes throughout the summer. Compliance with all University, NCAA, and MIAA conference rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with individual head coaches to provide year-round programming for student-athletes. Coordinate with Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach(es) and individual head, and assistant, coach(es) to meet each programs daily needs. Participate in on-campus recruiting of incoming athletes
- Coordinate with the Athletic Training Department to implement return to play protocols, instruct student-athletes on proper weight training techniques to ensure safety. Ensure proper use and maintenance of weight-room equipment, Coordinate supervision and scheduling of all weight-room related activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Three to Five years of related experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- Flexible, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills, ability to work a non-standard work week, including evenings, weekends, holidays, summers, and extensive overnight travel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team, effectively engage with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, interact in a higher educational environment.