This position that serves the 15 Division I sports programs will be housed in the athletic department. It is the responsibility of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach to design, organize, implement, facilitate, oversee and evaluate all facets of the Athletic Strength and Conditioning Program.
- Design, Implementation, and Supervision for Strength and Conditioning Programs in designated sports:
- Determine sports that will be assigned to Strength and Conditioning coaches
- Know NCAA and conference rules as they apply to training teams and individuals-in season and out.
- Facilitate learning of proper lifting, spotting and safety techniques.
- Attend one convention annually to update knowledge base.
- Keep current records of all student-athletes that are training on a quarterly basis.
- Develop communication system and schedule with the Sports Medicine Staff member assigned to each sport for updates on student-athletes ability to train/injuries.
- Develop summer and off-season programs for designated sports. Keep accurate records and supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in Strength and Conditioning or a related area.
- Must possess one of the following certifications or obtain within 90 days of employment:
1. NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association Certification)-CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist).
2. CSCCa (Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association Certification-SCCC (Strength and Coach Certified).
3. DBC Level 1(Professional and Collegiate Biomechanics-Strength, Fitness, and Conditioning).