The person holding this position coordinates all aspects of the Yukon Millers Football program, grades 7-12, while also serving as assistant athletic director in support of the District athletic program with a heavy emphasis on supporting student engagement and spring activities.
- Facilitate in-season and off-season strength and conditioning for football program (This will include time in “first” hour, the athletic hour, and after school and/or and summer activities)
- Work with principals regarding interviewing, selection, and retention of the football staff, with an emphasis on quality in the classroom and quality on the field.
- Organize, along with other staff, a total-year calendar for all football related functions, including facility and transportation requests.
- Arrange, with proper approval, all fundraising requests of the Yukon Football Program.
- Coordinate summer activities, community activities, and school day activities in support of the District mission to develop student athletes. This includes serving an active role as a liaison between Yukon Public Schools football program and the community youth football program.
- Assume lead advisory role of the Yukon Football Booster organization.
- Sustained, successful Head Coaching or Offensive/Defensive Coordinator experience at the high school or college level.
- Bachelor’s Degree and standard teaching certificate required; Master’s Degree preferred
- CDL/School Bus License preferred.
- Knowledge of OSSAA policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to include written communication, verbal communication, organization, and conflict resolution skills.
- Organizational skills, basic mathematical skills, basic computer skills, and communication skills are an essential part of this job.