The Assistant Athletic Trainer will assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the full operation of the sports medicine program. The assistant will also serve in the role of the Athletics Heath Care Administrator (AHCA). Saint Mary’s College offers eight varsity sports programs that compete in the NCAA Division III, Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA).
- Assist with the prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of varsity athletic injuries.
- Work with the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physician to help provide general healthcare to all varsity sports teams at Saint Mary’s College.
- Must be able to work closely and communicate effectively with coaches, athletes, support staff, and Head Athletic Trainer.
- Help maintain files of medical history and injury reports.
- Aid in the coordination and screening process of student-athlete pre-participation physicals, baseline testing, and any other pertinent medical documents on all student-athletes.
- Provide medical coverage at home varsity athletic contests and practices.
- Communicate with Head Athletic Trainer and coaching staff on daily injury/health status of injured or ill student-athletes.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in an Athletic Training, or closely related field, from a CAATE accredited program.
- Certified by the Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Indiana.
- Professional First Aid/CPR/AED certified.
- Current Member of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association.