The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting with the coordination of the day-to-day operation of the athletic training room, including the prevention, evaluation, and care of athletic related injuries incurred by intercollegiate student-athletes. Sport coverage to include Club Level Cheerleading, Men's Lacrosse, Men's Rugby, Women's Rugby and several Varsity Level coverage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the coordination of the day-to-day operation of the athletic training room.
- Provide prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation to all athletes.
- Administer first aid and emergency techniques to injuries.
- Perform emergency management of acute injuries.
- Provide athletic training coverage of practices and both home and away competitions.
- Coverage of Club Level sports including Cheerleading, Men's Lacrosse, Men's Rugby and Women's Rugby as well as other assigned Varsity Level sports.
- Design and implement rehabilitation programs that are sport and injury specific.
- Assist with the maintenance of medical records, insurance forms, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Provide input regarding the ordering athletic training supplies and maintenance of inventory and budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic related field.
- Current NATABOC certification.
- Eligible for MA licensure in Athletic Training.
- Current certification in Professional Rescuer CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to work in accordance to the rules set forth by Framingham State University, the MASCAC, and the NCAA.