Virginia Military Institute invites applications for a seasonal (part-time) athletic trainer for the 2022-2023 academic year (August 1, 2022-May 16, 2023). The part-time athletic trainer will assist in providing prevention, evaluation, treatment, and injury rehabilitation services; and help maintain the athletic training rooms.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine in all aspects of intercollegiate athletic team coverage for 18 sports.
- Primary sport coverage with men’s soccer & men’s lacrosse; football , men’s/women’s swimming, and women’s water polo; and men’s/women’s cross country and track & field. Responsible for all aspects of medical coverage to include: Prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and referral of athletic injuries.
- Administrative duties to include: Sportsware (electronic medical record)
- Communication with sports medicine staff, Post Physician, Post Nurse Practitioner, and Team Physicians, and department administration.
- Maintain full commitment to compliance with NCAA, Southern Conference, and Virginia Military Institute rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree completed in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Health & Human Services, or similar field of study.
- Master’s degree preferred in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, or Health & Human Services.
- Prefer experience working in the Sports Medicine/Athletic Training field with intercollegiate or interscholastic athletics.
- NATA certification.