The purpose of this position is to function in concert with the student-athletes and coaches to maintain the health and well-being of the student-athletes, enabling them to participate in their respective athletic events. To do so, the Assistant Athletics Trainer must evaluate medical and injury situations and devise the proper preventative and/or rehabilitative course of treatment to return the athlete to a healthy, competitive level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Head Athletic Trainer, with Football and other sports as designated, in establishing, coordinating, supervising, and monitoring athletic training services to student-athletes.
- In consultation with the Head Athletic Trainer and in cooperation with other Assistant Athletic Trainers, operates within the facility operational budget.
- Assists the Head Athletic Trainer in the routine operation of a designated athletic training facility.
- Assists the Head Athletic Trainer in the selection, assignment, orientation, retention, and supervision of athletic training staff. Coordinates the selection, assignment, orientation, retention, and mentoring of graduate assistant athletic trainers with the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Manage departmental compliance with all CPR/First Aid/AED certifications. Track expiration’s and provide or organize trainings to coaches and staff who are required to maintain certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Certification by the NATABOC (National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification).
- Experience evaluating athletic injuries and selecting proper treatment methods.
- Eligible for licensing by the Board of Athletic Training in the State of Montana within 90 days from start date.