This position will serve primarily (90%) as an Assistant Athletic Trainer and Assistant Strength and Conditioning coach for the Department of Intercollegiate athletics. This position will also teach (10%) in the Health and Human Performance program.
- Plan, conduct and evaluate effective strength and conditioning programs as assigned/requested in coordination with coaches by sport.
- Teach, model and reinforce proper, safe and effective strength and conditioning methods/movements for student-athletes and coaches by sport.
- Complete necessary continuing education units required by the National Strength and Conditioning Association to maintain Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Master’s degree in a Health and Human Performance related area.
- NATA BOC certification. Wisconsin license eligible.
- NSCA/CSCS certification
- Current First Aid, CPR, AED certifications.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours.
- Teaching experience.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.