The Assistant Athletic Trainer assists the Head Athletic Trainer in managing the day-to-day sports medicine operations as well as helping in creating and implementing long term physical development plans for the Monterey Bay Football Club players, a men’s professional soccer team playing in the USL Championship. This role will require an individual with a movement centered approach to training that encapsulates both the medical role of Athletic Training as well as LTAD in the gym.
- Manages the healthcare of Players including, but not limited to first aid/emergency care and on-site injury evaluation.
- Application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals.
- Compliance with OSHA standards regarding blood borne pathogens.
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized.
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of Player health and participation records in electronic medical record system as required.
- Accurate documentation for injuries including first report, physician diagnosis, player assessments and treatments, and return to play status.
- Maintain and organize pharmaceutical inventory and records.
- Compliance with all League medical policies and protocols.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Completion of the Board of Certification (BOC) curriculum requirements.
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Certification.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS).
- BLS or CPR certification for Health Care Provider.
- Maintain professional liability insurance.