Administer and coordinate various aspects of a sports information program for 19 intercollegiate varsity sports. Support institutional branding and positioning efforts.
- Previous experience in a sports information office.
- Previous experience working with the media.
- Ability to work with media, athletes, coaches and administrators.
- Desktop publishing experience.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Attend home games and selected road games for 19 intercollegiate sports teams and compile statistical data from those games for dissemination to the web, opposition, Conference, NCAA and media.
- Serve as a primary media contact for the athletic department.
- Pitch stories to the media.
- Maintain the statistical history and record books for all teams.
- Write press releases for the University’s athletic website.
- Assist the Athletics Communication Director with the athletic portion of the University’s website.
- Design and produce publications (game-day programs for all home events, marketing materials, etc.)
- Submit statistical data to affiliated conferences, ECAC and/or the NCAA as required.
- Write articles for the University magazine.
- Coordinate photography for the athletic department.
- Manage interns, Graduate Assistants as needed.