- Provides leadership and supervision for the Athletics Academic Advising unit for all sports and student-athletes.
- Provides academic advising and student support services for student-athletes in sport programs.
- Monitors student-athlete academic and personal development progress and employs intervention strategies, including referral to a variety of central campus resources.
- Works with student-athlete development staff to create and implement department-wide student-athlete development programs and services.
- Ensures student-athletes academic activity remains in compliance with Cleveland State University (CSU), conference and NCAA policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Working knowledge of academic-related NCAA by-laws and policies.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and decision-making abilities.
- Strong organizational and excellent interpersonal skills and have a “Customer Focus” attitude and delivery.
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop others.
- Possess the ability to manage projects, meet deadlines and tackle emergencies and difficult situations.
- Possess a high degree of confidentiality to available information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint.