- Assist athletic sports/units with the recruitment and hiring process to include: job postings, advertising, interviewing, applicant selection, and onboarding. Identify appropriate titles while maintaining compensation compliance per the universitys pay plan.
- Maintain organizational charts and the staff directory for athletics. Assist athletic staff in maintaining current position descriptions.
- Oversee the annual performance evaluation process in the University's performance management system to support a high performance culture by establishing clear expectations, providing feedback, and encouraging productive behavior.
- Ensure compliance with student employment per the universitys policies and procedures.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars as requested by senior staff. Collaborate with others on setting up ongoing ways to increase and promote engagement and employee recognition throughout the department. Evaluate reports, decisions, and results in relation to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches and procedures to support continual improvements in department efficiencies and services performed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years experience in an intercollegiate athletics department or other work experience that would demonstrate the necessary background and knowledge.
- Must have a working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.