Serving as a member of the senior administrative staff for the athletic department, the primary function of this position is to oversee the budget, procurement, and accounting for all department funds. The incumbent works with administrators and coaches on the management of current budgets, day-to-day business operations, long range financial planning, while assisting with the human resources functions for the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement financial controls and operating procedures to ensure that the athletic department operates within the financial policies and guidelines of Salve Regina.
- Manage the development, oversight, and reconciliation of all athletic department and related budgets, including p-card transactions.
- Oversee procurement, payment of invoices for goods and services, and process travel reimbursement and advances.
- Manage all payroll and part-time personnel actions on behalf of the department.
- Work in conjunction with the Office of Advancement to monitor fundraising accounts.
- Assist with ticket and game day operations as needed throughout the year.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports for distribution to coaches and staff, as well as the annual Department of Education EADA report, NCAA financial reports, and NEWMAC and CCC financial reports.
- Assist with departmental long range financial planning and corporate sponsor cultivation and coordination.
- Work with coaches on travel arrangements, including the routing of travel related contracts for approval and signature.
- When appropriate, submit contracts to be reviewed and approved by the necessary Salve Regina offices (Student Affairs, Payroll, Business Office, Office of the President, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, sports management, education, or another related field.
- 2+ years' experience working in a business or intercollegiate athletics setting.
- Proficiency in various financial accounting systems and computer software applications (Word, Excel, Office).
- Strong coordination and organizational skills required to effectively manage operational challenges.
- Demonstrated human relations, and effective communications skills are required.
- Ability to workday, evening, and weekend hours are required.
- The successful candidate will possess advanced communication, efficiency in computer usage and a high degree of self-motivation and dedication to all aspects of the intercollegiate program.