The Assistant Athletics Director for Communications & Digital Media provides leadership and oversight for La Salle University’s athletics communications functions, including social media strategy and publicity of sport programs. Those responsibilities include managing the day-to-day public relations for select sport programs, including men’s basketball, and collaborating with the external team on digital engagement through social media channels.
- Manage public relations strategies for a number of sport programs, from creation through execution, to ensure a proactive, opportunistic mindset for all programs, coaches, events and staff.
- Supervise all online content distributed across departmental mediums including, but not limited to, GoExplorers.com, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Supervise the dissemination of all media-related publications including electronic media guides, record books, game notes, press releases and special mailings.
- Manage social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook) of assigned sport programs, working with coaching staffs to ensure the distribution of quality content.
- Work with Athletic External Relations team on digital media projects that amplify messaging on social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Assist in production of video content for GoExplorers.com, including highlight packages, interviews, weekly magazine show, promotional videos and game previews.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s in communications or related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience in a communications position.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, and management.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.