In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, assists in managing NCAA compliance functions of the department within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference, and DePaul University. Ensures university adheres to principles of institutional control through institutional procedures, education, and monitoring.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for managing NCAA compliance functions in the areas of financial aid, amateurism, and awards and benefits (NCAA Bylaws 12, 15, 16).
- Manage compliance of student-athlete complimentary ticket program for Home and Away athletics events for assigned sports.
- Assist the Associate Athletic Director with the development and implementation of compliance programs and policies. Research and educate, coaches, staff, and student-athletes on all changes to NCAA compliance rules.
- Responsible for reporting violations and waivers.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, recruiting software (JumpForward or comparable), and NCAA applications including LSDBi, CA, RSRO, and the Academic Portal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse urban and/or intercollegiate athletics environment.
- Dedication to serving the department, the University, and the student-athletes with the highest level of leadership, initiative, and integrity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.