The Assistant Athletics Director / Director – Compliance reports to the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance and Student-Athlete Services/SWA and is responsible for managing all aspects of a comprehensive athletics compliance program that seeks to ensure compliance with NCAA, Horizon League, and NKU policies, procedures, and regulations; emphasizes integrity and the educational welfare of its student-athletes.
- Provide regular updates to the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance and Student Services/SWA on progress and issues related to maintaining institutional compliance with NCAA, Horizon League and University rules and regulations. Report any violations to the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance and Student Services/SWA when they are discovered.
- Manage all aspects of a comprehensive athletics department compliance program. Ensure compliance with NCAA, Horizon League, and NKU policies, procedures, and regulations. This position will be responsible for insuring compliance with NCAA rules, including but not limited to the areas of: athletics personnel, amateurism and eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, awards/benefits/expenses for enrolled student-athletes and playing and practice seasons.
- Maintain a high-quality rules education program for coaches, staff, student-athletes and other internal and external constituents.
- Research NCAA rules and provide coaches and staff with interpretations. Work with Horizon League and NCAA to obtain official rules interpretations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years experience in athletics compliance.
- Prior experience with NCAA applications (CAi, LSDBi, RSRO).
- Demonstrated organizational skills with ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated effective oral, written and listening communication skills