The Assistant Athletics Director of Facilities, Operations and Event Management is responsible for the planning, scheduling, coordination and implementation of all activities and operations for Athletics events, rentals and campus programming including student organizations. Working independently, the incumbent is directly responsible for developing strategies to increase revenue as a result of using scheduling efficient planning and development of new rental clientele.
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing all activities on all athletic facilities using the EMS scheduling system and maintaining interdepartmental and general customer relations as users of these facilities. Serve as event manager as needed for the Athletic department and rental events.
- Client development, solicitation/relations for The Walter Pyramid, Blair Field, and all Athletics Facilities.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the facility & event management two full-time staff and general oversight of interns.
- Manage the general accounting and budgeting for rental activities for Athletics Facilities. System administration for University EMS system.
- Coordinating all maintenance, upkeep, and repair projects relevant to all events on athletic facilities and overall general maintenance.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience with events and/or facility operations.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledgeable in EMS or equivalent software.
- Ability to assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures related to facilities operations.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved under the direction of the General Manager.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide work direction.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be multi-task oriented.