The Athletics Grounds Crew Supervisor exercises responsibility for preparation and maintenance of all indoor and outdoor DCAD athletic fields and facilities. Supervises the Athletics Events Crew including planning, scheduling, and implementing work assignments.
- Eight to ten years of relevant experience and a valid driver’s license.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Computer Literacy desired.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, equipment, and shift-type vehicles.
- Ability to give and follow instructions both orally and in writing.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of college personnel and outside vendors.
- Willingness to work on evenings and weekends when required.
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns, and schedules work of the Athletics Events Crew and temporary personnel, including approval of distribution of overtime and time off, and ensures adequate staffing with appropriate consideration of vacation, personal and short-term disability leave.
- Participates in personnel actions including, hiring, performance management and evaluation, discipline, promotions, and transfers, and works with Union and other College departments regarding personnel matters.
- Participates in formulating and implementing policies and procedures as necessary to ensure that safety, quality control and productivity standards are met for all work performed including use of tools, facility/field/ice set-ups.
- Ensures proper communication with staff, management, and FO&M’s shops through regular meetings or other forms of communication.
- Inspects and oversees work to ensure compliance with NCAA requirements, instructions, quality, and safety standards.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.